EJCRIM is an online free access journal and it was launched at EFIM Prague Congress (2-5 October 2013).
The aim of the journal is to provide a forum to Internal Medicine Doctors for the description of interesting cases, or a series or cluster of cases.
The journal would also consider brief reasoned reports (no more than 700 words) of issues relevant to the practice of Internal Medicine, as well as Abstracts submitted to scientific meetings of European societies of Internal Medicine.
For more information on the journal, please visit EJCRIM official website: www.ejcrim.com
The Editor-in-Chief's Editorial highlights well the philosophy and scope of the journal.
"Modern medicine began in the last half of the nineteenth century when doctors started practising the scientific method at the bedside. However, in his presidential address to the Association of American Physicians in 1979 James Wyngaarden postulated that the clinical scientist was an endangered species. Several reasons for this have been suggested, including “the seductive incomes that now derive from procedure-based specialty medicine”. Others have suggested that it is simply because the things left to be discovered at bedside have become exhausted, and that all the big medical advances will now be made by high-powered institutions. ( ... )"
John Kellett, Canada
Carla Araújo Pimentel, Portugal
Ettore Bartoli, Italy
Eleni I. Boutati, Greece
Dan Justo, Israel
Ramon Pujol, Spain
Shirley Rigby, United Kingdom
More about the Editorial Board
Journal Manager: Silvia Malosio
Editorial Office: Lorella La Leggia
Publisher: SMC media Srl • Via Giovenale, 7 • 20136 Milano • Italy
phone: +39 02 58102846 - 83419431
- Rapidly Progressive Encephalopathy: Initial Diagnosis of Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease in an Intensive Care
Patrícia Afonso Mendes, Emilia Trigo, Rui Pina, Paulo Martins, Jorge Pimentel
- Left Ventricular Pseudoaneurysm Dissecting into Anterior Chest Wall – A Rare Cause of Sudden Onset Excruciating Chest Pain
Rakshita Chandrashekar, Monoj Kumar Konda, Vishal Gupta, Jagadeesh K Kalavakuntaaniela
- An Adult Case of Acute EBV Cerebellitis
Katya Muscat, Ruth Galea, Malcolm Vella
- The Successful Use of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus-Induced Diffuse Alveolar Haemorrhags
Faye Pais, Mohamed Fayed, Timothy Evans
- Tumour Lysis Syndrome and Partial Remission Occurring After Administration of a Test Dose of Obinutuzumab
Mohamad Jaffer Abdalkhalig Mustafa, Mohamed Bakri Mohamed, Amjad Hayat
- Still’s-like Disease Induced by Breast Implants in a Middle-Aged Female Health Professional
Giagkos Michael Lavranos, Demetra Kouma, Antonis Deveros, Georgia Pigiotou, Georgios Samanis, Chrysostomos Zintilis
- Dermatomyositis Associated with Sarcoidosis: Two Cases
Paaschalis Sidiras, Frédéric Vandergheynst, Laurine Verset, Hazim Kadhim, Muhammad Shahnawaz Soyfoo
- A Case of Brucellosis with a Rare Complication: Pericarditis
Gizem Zorlu, Seyit Uyar, Hakan Ozer, Murat Esin, Selin Kir, Abdullah Tokuc, Süleyman Dolu, Feyzi Bostan, Ayhan Hilmi Cekin