Application for fellowship
To be selected as a Fellow of the European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM) is on the basis of significant personal achievements in the field of internal medicine.
The main purpose of creating the Fellowship is to provide the Federation with a cadre whose responsibility is to uphold and expand the professional aspects of the Federation, and to help integrate the various national activities in internal medicine into the European scene. A Fellow should have distinguished himself or herself individually in the clinical, educational or professional aspects of internal medicine.
The fellowship diploma is presented to new Fellows of the Federation during the Annual Congress.
Benefits for the Fellows of EFIM
Based on their outstanding credentials, achievements, and contribution to internal medicine and community, physicians who are elected to fellowship can use FEFIM, Fellow of the European Federation of Internal Medicine, as a professional designation.
- Free Subscription to EJIM (European Journal of Internal Medicine) and PIER (The Physicians' Information and Education Resource)
- Lunch Symposium for Fellows at the Annual EFIM Congress including Fellows Lecture,
- Discounted Conference fee at the EFIM Annual Congress,
- Listing on the online directory as an EFIM Fellow,
- Official EFIM certificate.
Fellows of the EFIM may apply following the process explained below:
- You are an Internist practising in an EFIM member country.
- You have completed your education and have at least 3 years of professional experience
- You have valuable experience in promoting internal medicine in Europe (such as participation to working groups, publications, etc…)
- You have a personal experience in teaching, publishing and research.
Submit the application form below together with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae attesting to 3 years experience, as well as specifying publications and achievements
- Proof of Board Certification in Internal Medicine
- Letter of Support:
Candidates from EFIM countries should be a member of good standing in their National Society. Applications must be accompanied by an official letter of support from their EFIM National Societies attesting to professional competence and commitment to excellence, necessary for election to Fellowship.
Signed application form and supporting documents must be sent by regular mail to the following address:
Avenue Louise 287, 4th Floor
The membership fee is 135.-Euro and is due annually, covering the period from January 1st to December 31st each year;
Enquires should be sent to EFIM Secretariat
Download here (Application Form in Word format)