Subcommittees and Working Groups
Working groups are set up on the initiative of the Administrative Council and report regularly to the Executive Committee. There are currently:
- Young Internists Subcommittee: Representatives liaise on activities and report to the EFIM Executive in order to provide a forum for future developments with young doctors. The initial objective of this group is to establish an infra-structure which will enable communication between Young Internists across Europe, and to promote active involvement in the YI activities. YI website www.younginternists.efim.org includes interactive and educational sections, case discussion, Grand Round seminars, and a platform for communicating questions to experts across Europe. Newsletters will be available to Registered users.Current YI Contacts:
Roger Duckitt: email@example.com
Lenka Bosanska: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Issues in Internal Medicine: Chairman: Mark Kramer.
Set up to investigate the problems arising out of health service reforms in different member countries and their influence on the practice and training of internal medicine. A Report from the EFIM Working Group on Political Issues in Internal Medicine was published in the European Journal of Internal Medicine, June 2005.
Reference: Eur J Int Med 2005; 16: 214 - 217.
- Quality of Care in Internal Medicine: Chairman: Harry van Hulsteijn(NL). Evidence-based guidelines developed by national societies are being assessed aiming to produce a consensus document in the future.
- Competencies: Chairman: Runolfur Palsson
Core Competencies of the European Internist has been prepared by the UEMS/EFIM Working Group on Competencies in Internal Medicine in Europe, and will be published in EJIM in 2007. The Working Group is now trying to define the tasks that an Internist should be able to handle.
- Scientific Committee (joint with FDIME): Chairman: Loic Guillevin(FR).
Objectives: to promote clinical research in Internal Medicine on a European basis.
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Exchange Programme Chairman Pedro Conthe: